Last weekend we moved our entire hosting over to Amazon’s AWS hosting platform.
This has allowed us to set up a more robust hosting arrangement where different components of the service (registration/accounts, polling/voting, database) each have their own dedicated servers It also allows us to scale the hosting provision in different localities as the our customer base grows across the globe. A hosting account provides a home for your website on web servers, which are stored in a secure, climate controlled environment and are connected to the Internet so that other people on the Internet can view your website. You can look at your website as a front office and Hosting as the back office/ storage centre that houses the information, images, video and other content that comprises your website. Barring technical problems, a web host operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that anybody in the world can access your web site at any time. Web site hosting is typically measured in the amount of disk space you’re given on the server and the amount of data transfer (bandwidth) you need for accessing the server. ServerMania’s Dallas data center was designed with reliability, performance, and support in mind. Redundant power, network, and security systems make sure that your server remains online in the least times. These factors are critical for the simplest dedicated hosting experience. Our Dallas, Texas data center is optimally located so as to serve customers in North America and beyond. This data center is particularly tuned to serve South America and is connected to a various network path so as to deliver exceptional performance within the region. Data center pricing directly in South America are often prohibitively expensive for many businesses. That’s why clients choose our Dallas dedicated servers so as to receive the 100% network uptime and affordable pricing available in North America, while still having the ability to succeed in users in South America at great speeds and ping. Here you can get a dedicated Server in Dallas product and services information.
If you have a lot of customer traffic at your website ie. file downloads, you’ll access the server fairly frequently and therefore need more website hosting transfer space than someone who puts only readable text on their web site. Gain control over every aspect of your hosting solution with custom dedicated servers for windows. The more “items” or “content” you are hosting on your site (ie photos, maps, PDF files etc) the more disk space you’ll need for your website and domain hosting. A web server must have fast connections to be able to serve pages quickly. For the greatest speed and reliability try to find a host that has multiple high speed connections as well as reliable back up power supplies in case of power outages. Most of the businesses today require an online presence and to get that online presence, one needs to create a website and host it. Website hosting refers to the term where your website is hosted on a particular server so that it can be viewed by people world over. In order to get people to come your website you need to get it hosted. There are a number of professional website hosting companies who provide a wide range of hosting services. These colocation hosting providers offer specialized hosting packages that are based on a particular platform or technology, for example Linux web hosting and php web hosting are extremely popular. Professional website hosting plans are also available for various CMS based websites such as WordPress hosting or Joomla hosting.
Different types of hosting:
There are of course different types of hosting available to cater to all kinds of requirements. Some of the most common and popular types of hosting include:
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is one of the most viable options where the resources on the server are shared shared with different websites. Most of the times a single web server will host quite a large number of websites at the same time.
- VPS: VPS hosting does share its resources with other websites but there still exists a large difference between shared and VPS hosting. In VPS the number of customers are considerably few and you get complete access to the operating system of your virtual server. In a way, you have your own independent server in the virtual world and this can be an ideal option if you have a large joomla or WordPress website getting a lot of traffic.
- Dedicated hosting: This is an ideal option for those who have websites of critical significance and need a large amount of resources. In this case your dedicated server is your own server and no other customers share any of the resources such as processors or memory with anyone else.
- E-commerce hosting: E-commerce hosting is meant for websites that will have an online store and one can easily use the free open source OS commerce.
- Forum hosting: A number of websites even have forums on their website or someone may wish to start an independent forum which is more of a discussion board. To install forum hosting phpbb forum hosting is used as a platform.
The server move did not require any significant downtime, however some users may have experienced a slight lag in the delivery of poll results. This was due to a temporary arrangement where our old web servers connected to our new database remotely for a few hours.
Hopefully this did not inconvenience anyone but please accept our apologies ifthe lag affected your at all. We’re now in a much better position to rapidly respond to increased usage demand which is good news for the future.